For my last group tutorial, I showed my final work for this project. One of the recommendations was, that I should have bighting up my model with the curves on Photoshop, to make the model stand out. Plus the model in the image looked flat. I think it does look better with the change for the model, I think the image looks better. Also I think it works well with the other elements in the image.
This project is about creating a composite for Lavazza. In the brief it said that it should have a human portrait, landscape exterior, prop, and at least one coffee cup. I think that my idea for this project was good but I really needed to think about it.
I think that the outcome came out better than what I thought. I wasn’t really sure if the idea would work well all together but I think it does flow well. So my idea is about a woman floating towards the coffee/ coffee cup because she dreaming/ craving for it. All she is thinking about is the coffee. I do think I achieved that vision.
What I’m really pleased with is the coffee splashes, I did 3 different days trying to get good shoot. The first day I didn’t get anything, the second I did get some splashes, it took me a while to figure out how to time everything right to get the shot, and it was much better because I was using the lighting equipment from CLR. And the third day I just wanted to get some extra shot while I have the equipment from CLR. I did have a hard time with the background, I wanted something that had a dreamy effect which didn’t have a lot going on. So when I thought about taking photos of the sky, I just took them just to see if it would work well, and I think it did. I knew I wanted the sky to be really blue so did does stand out with the colour and not with detail.
What I’m not too pleased with is the human portrait. Due to family matters I didn’t have much time. Also before the problems I was already looking for models and no one got back to me. So I did ask a friend to help me. I don’t think that they were bad photos but I do think I need a certain type of person to be in my shot, (the models in Nikolay Tikhomirov photos). But I think was ok because I did have the lighting equipment from CLR so it worked well. I had lighting equipment for my model and coffee, the sky image didn’t have any, but thats mainly because I didn’t want detail in my image and the sky was bright enough.
Overall I am pleased with what I came up with in for this project. This is my final composite.
For my model photos, I wasn’t able to find a model. Unfortunately no one got back to me. Due to family matter, I wasn’t able to also take the photos in a studio. I asked a friend if she would help me out and I took the photos at her place. I used the Elinchrom Protable Lighting Kit.
To be honest I’m not too pleased about these photos, I think that if I got a model then it would have been better, I don’t think that taking the photo in a studio would have really made a difference since I already had lighting equipment from CLR.
Here are the photos that I took, they are all in the same pose since I didn’t really have enough time.
This was my work from A-Level. I tried to re-create the photography by Nikolay Tikhomirov, the window photo.
The colour palette for my Lavazza composite is mainly neutral colours. Looking at my creation so far I have different tones of blue, white and brown.
Looking at my image I feel that the colours gives it a vintage look to it. On Google I looked at 60’s coffee ads, I noticed that the colours that I have in my image are the same. I like the effect of neutral colours because it looks more real.