I have really enjoyed this Editorial project. I decided to do Fashion for this project. The reason why is because I wanted to get outside my comfort zone and try something new also I’ve always been interested in fashion in general.

I started off by getting models for the shoot. I found two models and then I felt that I should find one more model just to be safe. But then a few days before my shoot the third model had to cancel which was a bit annoying but I’m glad it happened a few days before my shoot and not on the day. I then found a makeup artist, I told her about the look that I was going for and she was happy to do it. The last person I collaborate with is a stylist. It took me a long time to find someone, most of the people I asked say they are not available, but I came across a fashion blogger, I reached out to her and she was able to help me.

I did plan the outfits myself because I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to find someone in time. I did speak to many stylist before hand about the outfits that I chose which all of them did like, I asked them if the outfits were good for my target audience and they did say yes but there was a few things that I did have to change to fit my target audience, which was mainly the accessories.

I did a test shoot which didn’t go to plan. I asked the model who didn’t end up coming to do a test shoot, which she also cancelled. So I had to use look as my model. When booking the equipment I realised that I didn’t book everything that we needed which was my fault, I didn’t double check. Even the actual shoot, I should have double checked all the information. I messed up because I was meant to collect everything on the 30th (the day before the shoot) but it said collect on the 31st at 11am. Which was no good. I did manage to change it for the 30th but the backdrop wasn’t available so I had to end up using the one in 213. I need to double check everything!

On the day of the shoot I was quite worried just in general. I got into uni about 7:45am. I then collected the equipment and 8am and set it up with Cat.

I asked my models, stylist and makeup artist to arrive at uni at 11am. If I could do this shoot again I would ask them to come at 10/ 10:30, this is because I was unsure about how long the makeup would take. I guess I should have asked my makeup artist how long it takes to do. I did ask my makeup artist if she could be done at 12 for the first model and she was happy to speed it up. The models were really fun to work with. I did give directions which they were happy to follow. I had a few ideas on how I wanted them to pose and again they were happy to follow.

I did have quite a few problems when it came to editing the photos. The main problem was the backdrop it had footprints all over it also the models hair wasn’t completely smooth. I had to go onto photoshop to fix it which took quite a bit of time.

Overall I am extremely happy with the photos. I really enjoyed this project even though I had quite a few problems. I think fashion photography could be something I could do in the future.



I made a change to the photo on the right. In the second photos I got rid of her hair behind her back on the right. I left that the image would look better without it. I edited the photo and I think I was right. I think that the first image on the left has a cleaner look.

Editing And Layouts

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 15.46.45Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 15.46.52Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 15.46.59Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 15.47.06

I found editing these photos really hard. The loose pieces of hair was really hard to remove. When I used the blur tool it would create more hair and when I used the stamp tool it wouldn’t fully cover. I did the best I could with it. I even hard double with the background, there are marks but I couldn’t get rid of them.


5th June 2018

I changed the bottom left image to another one. I felt this image suited more than the one before.

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 16.27.39